Unbank the Banked with Ethereum.
1. What is it?
OmiseGO is a public Ethereum-based financial technology for use in mainstream digital wallets, that enables real-time, peer-to-peer value exchange and payment services agnostically across jurisdictions and organizational silos, and across both fiat money and decentralized currencies. Designed to enable financial inclusion and disrupt existing institutions, access will be made available to everyone via the OmiseGO network and digital wallet framework, starting in Q4 2017. (Source:https://omg.omise.co/)
[expander_maker id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]Read more
2. FIT Test (F: Future updates; I: Innovation; T: Trends): FIT Test enables us to check the uniqueness, alignment with respect to the current trends and future update of the fundamentals of the corresponding cryptocurrency.
A) Innovations: OmiseGO uses their own blockchain which is based on Ethereum to provide remittance services to the people without the involvement of any bank. These services operate across currencies and asset types. The OmiseGO blockchain has a decentralized exchange, liquidity provider mechanism, clearinghouse messaging network, and asset-backed blockchain gateway. The OmiseGO blockchain network is highly performant and scalable. The cost of securing the transaction value is externalized to other chains in a way which directly promotes the value of those chains.
B) Trends: Payments, Remittances, Digital decentralized banking
C) Future updates:
i) OmiseGO recently announced that every Ethereum holder holding a minimum amount of 0.1ETH will receive an amount of OmiseGO tokens which are proportionate to their Ethereum holdings. 5% of the total OmiseGo tokens are set aside for this generous distribution move.
ii) OmiseGO has acquired Paysbuy, a major payment service provider in Thailand. OmiseGO’s CEO Jun reveals that McDonald’s in Thailand, with their presence in over 240 locations will start accepting OmiseGO as a method of payment. He is confident that this can be implemented by Mcdonald’s across Asia.
Forbes featured OmiseGO as a Fintech rockstar. OmiseGO has a great community around them contributing directly or indirectly.
- SBI Investments
- Ascend Capital
- Golden Gate Ventures
- East Ventures
- 500 Startups
Total funding raised: USD $150 million+
- Jun Hasegawa: Founder/CEO at Omise, Director at Alpha-do INC., Co-founder/CEO at LIFEmee INC.
- Donnie Harinsut: COO/Co-founder at Omise, International Trading manager at Alpha-do INC.
- Wendall Davis: Product development lead at Omise, member of Original Ethereum founding team
- Thomas Greco: Special advisor at Omise.
- Vansa Chatikavanij: Managing Director at Omise.
- Joseph Poon: Lightening network co-author.
- Vitalik Buterin: Founder of Ethereum.
- Dr. Gavin Wood: Co-founder of Ethereum, founder of Parity and Polkadot.
- Jae Kwon: Creator of Tendermind and Cosmos network.
- Vlad Zamfir: Kasper(Ethereum) Research lead.
- Martin Becze: Ethereum web assembly creator
- Julian Zawistowski: Founder of Golem
- Prof. David Lee Kuo Chuen: Professor of Quantitative Finance, Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Pandia Jiang: Founder of LinkTime
- Roger Ver: CEO of bitcoin.com, First Major Backer of Earliest Crypto Startups
4. Unique Features:
- NEO applications can be developed using all major programming.
- Tie ups with influential people in China.
- A collaboration of digital asset management with real world asset.
5. Downside / Risks:
- Not available on Poloniex. Use Bittrex. (Not a downside for most of the people since they have already moved their assets to Bittrex recently.)
6: Future: Considering the community and innovations, it may be seen as a good competitor against Ethereum for the 2nd place in Total Market cap after Bitcoin in China.
7: Technical Analysis:
The prices have dipped to a point where buying OmiseGO would seem a good choice for OmiseGO believers. This is a perfect entry point for those investors who have a long term return goal in their strategy. The community behind this is pretty solid which promotes this token’s potential to grow across Asia.
- Market Cap: $633,129,435
- Price: $6.44
- OTE: 0.00141725-0.00150593 BTC
- Volume(24h): $106,064,000
- Circulating Supply: 98,312,024
Omise aims to capture the remittance market in Asia via its decentralized banking applications and so far it has done everything right to grow. One could say it is an undervalued token. The people backing this project are influential in the cryptocurrency world. This is one of the strongest selling points for OmiseGo. Long term investors can use this token for their portfolio diversification and observe growth in the future.